Andy’s poetry has been published in leading journals and featured in national competitions:
- Attempting to interfere won First Prize in the 2011 Yeovil Literary Prize for Poetry and was published in The Prize (2011). Daisy Goodwin, the competition judge, described Andy’s as ‘ … a distinctive voice‘ and this poem as ‘… mysterious …but repaying a close reading‘.
- If I could take the pain away was published in Envoi (1990)
- Conversation points was published in Iota (1990)
- Purchase on renewal was Commended in the 1989 Open University Poetry Competition and published in Orbis (1989)
- Two Glasses was Highly Commended in the 1989 Mary Wilkins Memorial Poetry Competition
- Domestic violence was published in Staple (1989)
These and a wider range of his poetry and essays are collected together in the anthology While Giants Sleep by Andy Miller (2nd edition 2015)